Saturday, April 21, 2012

Problem solved!

Tonight I've realized something that might eliminate a problem for me, or parents everywhere. You see, I have been challenging myself to let go of little things that bug me, and allow the world to be as it is without my having to fix it. Hard task.

One of the ways I've done this is to allow - don't laugh - the toilet paper roll to be backward. That is, paper comes out the back, not the front. Most people have a preference, or so I hope that it's not only my neurosis. Anyhow, I usually switch the roles put on backward. This week I didn't and I've gone a whole, well, maybe two days handling this quite well. Recognizing my annoyance and knowing that I can let go. Deep breath here.

But back to my realization. For some reason, as I was getting ready for bed, I thought about Graeme unraveling the toilet paper. Like every time we have a new role. With this roll, he hasn't done it and I think it's because it doesn't unravel if it's backward. I tried to spin it myself and you actually have to work hard spinning backward to unravel anything. Not as fun. (Or so I imagine for Graeme.)

Could that be an easy solution for parents everywhere? Maybe others have already noticed this, but I'm fully willing to let things be backwards. It beats having re-rolled toilet paper any day. Just shows if you open up to different ways of being, new solutions arise! And that's just with toilet paper...

1 comment:

  1. Shortly after this post, the toilet paper was ripped off the wall. I can't say for sure that it was due to frustration from the lack of spin... But it was worth a warning. Now we have a stand up holder.

    ReplyDelete