Tuesday, October 19, 2010

From mouths of babes...

I don't know why I find that this is the most fun for me to write about these days - the new cute things the boys are saying lately - but, it is just fun to see them learn and grow and figure out how to communicate with the world.

Graeme, today with his arms outstretched toward the spider webs in our backyard, says: "Hello, Mr. Spider! My catch you Mr. Spider. My catch you." Then to me, "My love them Mummy!"

Needless to say he'll be a spider for Halloween. But it is so funny how he LOVES spiders and bugs of all kind. Craig and I agree that he'll be the biologist or naturalist of the two boys. Gavin liked bugs and spent a fair amount of time petting slugs and inviting them in for a movie, but Graeme seems interested in everything bug life or otherwise. Pine cones, twigs, worms, flowers, leaves, bees, snails, you name it - he likes it. He also wanted the worm he found to come in and watch a movie, but I convinced him to place him in the dirt instead.

Graeme uses "my" for "I" whenever he talks about anything, and a "My love you Mummy!" is the best. Tonight at dinner he even just said: "My really happy!" It almost made me cry.

Both boys are really lovey lately. Gavin has been giving out kisses like crazy, which is really sweet until the kisses turn into slobbery zerberts. But truth be told, even those are kind of fun.

Gavin is also learning how to talk the talk. The other day Graeme said something to Craig and me, then Gavin turned to us and said: "Did you hear the little attitude on that guy?" Neither of us can remember saying that phrase, so we're not sure where he got it... but quite funny. He is really trying to understand everything that goes on around him. If someone is talking about something he doesn't understand, he'll stop the person and just say: "What are you talking about?" or ask later, "Why did X do Y?" or something similar. It is great to see him figure in all out. He is turning into a very cute little man (if I do say so...).


No comments:

Post a Comment