Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Christmas, Happy New Year!

This holiday season we were lucky enough to have my parents up to visit... on a trip up to see Craig's parents.  The boys were spoiled with all of their grandparents attention and, for the most part, everyone had a good time.  Now that Gavin gets the whole idea of Christmas, presents, and all thing treat-like, he suffered more than a few freak out moments.  Overload, perhaps?  He won't remember that bit, I'm sure, but we might.  You wonder, who is this child that has just thrown himself on the floor because he doesn't like the shirt I brought for him to wear?  Not mine, surely.

Tonight at dinner we recognized our sweet boy again.  It took a few days, but the hub-bub is over and life is getting back to normal.  'Gavin sans sugar,' we'll call him.

After dinner, I started transferring dates in my ultra-high tech paper calendar.  My hope this year is to actually remember people's birthday and big events before it is too late to send a gift or card.  As I reached September, I realized that our little world will change greatly this year.  Gavin starts school!  It's far off, of course, but it makes me want to take time off during the week while I can...

Regardless of how our lives will change this year, we wish all of you a wonderful new year full of exciting new adventures and cozy snuggles from people you love.

1 comment:

  1. And, for the record, Graeme had a few freak outs too. They were more mild and, I hate to say it, even kind of cute. He's still at the stage where his rebellion is sweet and makes you smile even though you're not supposed to.

    ReplyDelete