Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wonderful Day at Home

We had the most perfect day today. Craig and I both woke up with the thought: We don't have to go anywhere today! No plans set. We can do whatever we want! (Within reason, of course, as we still do have two children who need constant snacks and a bathroom that requires work in order to be functional.)

But, it was fabulous. We watched cartoons and drank coffee. This was after I did my meditation practice while the boys watched the Busytown Mysteries. (Yesterday I had a monster truck video in the background. Whatever it takes, right? Begin where you're at... or some such...) Then, Craig worked in the bathroom for a bit and the boys and I played outside. This meant that they rode their bikes and I worked in the garden. Yummy.

Though I am not quite as excited about my garden this year as I was last year, it is still amazing to see how the plants develop. I inspected the growth on all the plants and then weeded, trimmed, cut back the raspberries, and contemplated what I'd like to do both in the Fall and next year. Lots of projects stewing...

After that I spent some time proofreading a application essay for a friend. I must say that I love editing and proofing papers. For whatever reason, I find it extremely fun - my mom does too, so maybe I get it from her. Then, we had our friends over so the kids could play and we could work on her paper a bit. Wonderful. Let's hope the time spent results in an acceptance!

Overall, the day could have been improved only by maybe a massage or getting surprise money in the mail. And the weather was great too, even though it was forecast to rain.



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE days like these! I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete