Sunday, July 10, 2011

Snapshots of San Diego

In June, the boys and I went to San Diego to visit my parents while Craig was on his golf trip.  Peyton and Morgan came out to visit too, so the cousins (and I) had some fun play time together.  And we got some time with Celeste too, though I don't have any pictures of that yet.

This is what "summer" looked like for us before we left: 


Hopeful swim trunks, water shoes, and necessary rain jacket.  Warmish, but still rainy.


 Ahhh... the beach.  The boys loved the sand, water, crabs, and chasing the seagulls (Graeme especially).


We also ended up going to Disneyland (thank you Lora!) and the boys had fun there too.  It was the craziest I've ever seen Disneyland, though I haven't been there in ages.  My mom, my friend Lora, and I had 7 kids between us.  I'm pretty sure my mom spent the day counting to seven to make sure everyone was still with us.  Hopefully she had a little bit of fun too!  The boys' favorite was Autopia... but it was hard to get great pictures of them as they weren't the smoothest of drivers.



Mandatory picture in front of Cinderella's castle.  Gavin was sitting on the curb just beside us.  A little grumpy.  He hadn't seen Mickey yet: "Where's Mickey?  I want to see Mickey Mouse!"  I hadn't realized how little you actually see of Mickey once you get past the front entrance.



Finally!  We went to Mickey's house and it made Gavin's day.  Graeme and Mitchell loved it too.  And everyone in the line behind us ooh'd and aah'd because these three were so freakin' cute.  When they left, Graeme said: "Thank you Mickey!  Have a nice day!" 


Next up, Legoland.  Even though they liked Disneyland, Legoland was pretty much made for them.  We didn't even get through a third of the park and they loved everything!  


Graeme waiting in line with Mummy.  
(He was lucky to be just tall enough to go on the car ride!)


Checking out the dinosaurs.  


Graeme played in the little water fountain for almost two hours.  Everyone else went off to drive the cars, and I just watched him.  Other kids came and went, but Graeme was completely content.  He'd jump on the little round pad and a circle of water would shoot up.  He'd yell:  "My lucky water came back!" and then run through it around in a circle.  Pure joy.  
And a very soggy diaper.


Another favorite... the train!  
Particularly special with cool big kid cousins Pey and Mo!


And one last snuggle before we had to go home.  
I actually think Graeme is driving Mater (his new race Mater from Disneyland no less) on Morgan's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment