Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From Warrior to Goddess

On Saturday Craig and I conquered the Warrior Dash in North Bend.  

(http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_washington.php

We had a group of friends who all ran together - though we decided right as the race was starting that we wouldn't actually try to stay together the whole time.  I never really thought I was competitive, but it is kind of fun to see how fast you can finish (60th in my age group = not too shabby).  The obstacles in the course were the scary part going into the race - as you don't really know what to expect the first time - but the running part was what slowed me down.  Maybe I should have run a little more before the race?  Hmmm... maybe I'll try that next year.   Craig and I have discussed that if we actually trained for races, we could do pretty good.  Craig's idea of "pretty good" is to win the race.  (He came in 36th out of 9600 people on Saturday, but came in second out of our heat.)

In anticipation of being sore from this run, I scheduled a spa evening at Amai Day Spa that I got through Groupon.  (http://www.amaidayspa.com/)   It was fabulous: facial, body scrub, massage, and scalp massage.  I went from Warrior to Goddess!  (And was thinking I could do both more often.)  I've never gone to a spa to have multiple services at one time, and I felt truly pampered.  I dare say that I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Both totally recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment