Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quiet Time

I never really thought this day would come.  After a morning out and about, the boys and I are back home.  And it is quiet in the house.  Like, 'sit down, read, and have a cup of tea' kind of quiet. Miracle?  You bet!

The boys are bundled up and digging in the backyard.  Yes, the one down side to having a boy-friendly backyard is that it is dirt and they get really messy.  But, the up side is that they play.  For a long time.  They are completely happy, and even seem to be more content the less I interrupt them.

Not to bring McDonald's into it, but I'm LOVING it!  (Note: we never eat at McD's, but they have catchy advertising.)  I haven't even brought out the bikes yet!  They are engineering "jumps" on the bike track, which may or may not actually result in any changes to the track at their current work rate.  Maybe this will translate to trail building as they enter their teenage years and beyond.  Whatever the long term result, I'm going to go have another cup of tea right now.

1 comment:

  1. Correction: They were apparently building a dirt race track for their race cars. Equally fantastic.

    ReplyDelete