Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowy Days

Well, it is the fifth day at home for me and the boys.  Monday was a holiday, so my morning yoga class was cancelled anyway, but then the snow decided to join us and stay.  It is still here.  And I am ready to head to Mexico.  Seriously!  I guess if you got snow like this all the time, you'd know how to drive in it and, thus, not be home bound.   The cities may also have enough plows and staff or who-knows-what else is needed to keep the roads clear and safe.  Not so here.  I have to admit, it was nice to have a week off to sleep in until 7am as all my early yoga classes were cancelled.  But, let's here it for rain and warm temps!  I think we're all ready for our normal gray.  (I find myself quoting Thomas the Train: Snow, pah!  Silly white stuff!)

Here are a few pictures of our house, and the convenient sledding hill right outside our doorstep.  The fun part about all the snow (aside from copious amounts of hot cocoa) turns out to be the neighborhood gatherings every afternoon for sledding.  We meet our neighbors yet again and sheepishly ask their names - we wrote them down this time!  But all the kids are out, and even some of the older neighbors take their turn down the hill on sled or skis or snowboards.

 View from across the street.  
More snow came after this photo as well.
 Graeme taking care of Crushety Crush, the monster truck tractor who the boys carry around like a puppy.  He had a cold night outside on the bench.
Gavin and I sledding.  He made two runs with me before he decided that it was much more important to shovel the driveway and scrape off the cars.  It was snowing so much that both those tasks were constant.  But Gavin had to do his job!  (I wish he was that diligent about his jobs inside... like cleaning up toys and putting clothes in the hamper!)
 After it got too cold and dark outside for us, we came in for dinner and a game of Scrabble.  We played teams and, though Graeme was on my team, you could imagine he wasn't the most helpful.
Here is is holding all but two letters, putting them in his shirt saying: "No, Mummy, the letters are scared of you!"  Not so conducive to teamwork.  (But for the record I still won.)

No comments:

Post a Comment