Thursday, March 29, 2012

Graeme's Routine

Everyone has a morning bathroom routine. For some, things take a few minutes. Others allow their activities to fill whatever time they have. It occurred to me this morning as I looked at a pile of unraveled toilet paper, that I should document Graeme's routine. Because he enjoys his time in the bathroom, he repeats this routine in whole and part throughout the day as time and supervision (or lack thereof) allow.

This is what happens upon my saying, "Graeme go potty!"

Step 1: Go potty.
Step 2: Play with related anatomy.
Step 3: Get off potty and hop the length of bathroom with pants around ankles.
Step 4: Hop back to tissue and pull up pants. Maybe.
Step 5: Unravel tissue, but save a few squares on the roll in case it is needed.
Step 6: Wash hands.
Step 7: Pick up soap and draw road with fingernail.
Step 8: Replace soap and rinse hands.
Step 9: Fill cup of water.
Step 10: Take sip. Dump rest in sink.
Step 11: Repeat step 10 as necessary.
Step 12: Draw roads on counter with water spilt.
Step 13: Dry counter with hand towel.
Step 14: Give hand towel a bath.
Step 15: Dry hands on clean towels on shelf.

You'd be surprised at how remarkably quick most of these steps can happen. And, if you happen to come over for a visit, you'll know why the soap looks chewed on.

1 comment:

  1. This is my first post from iPhone, so my apologies for formatting. I'll fix when I can.

    ReplyDelete