Friday, June 28, 2013

A picture of our mornings


The sky was SO beautiful this morning when I went to the studio for my yoga class.  It never looks as good in a picture, but this comes close.  It's great to have a cool, sunny morning after a few days of rain.  

Today my goal is to run the boys and find a workout for myself (among other business-y goals for myself).  We are checking out a new place (new to us) that's a trampoline jumping deal for kids.  I'm guessing they will LOVE it!  But, since it's gorgeous out too, we'll go to a park and bike a bit.  

Thus far, summer has been pretty lazy.  We've had lots of mornings where the boys stay in jammies, playing trains, legos, and reading stories.  (I tend to get some work done those mornings, so it's easy for me to just let them play.)  I recently checked out Pippi Longstocking from the library - it's a pretty big book.  Gavin grabbed it and read it in one sitting.  Now he's reading it again.  

The problem with this, though, is that he's now silent reading.  He doesn't like reading out loud much, so Graeme doesn't get the benefit of the story.  I'll have to read it again with him... but the point is the reading doesn't entertain both boys at once like it used to.  We may have to just institute summer reading time where all of us get to read for 30 minutes on our own.  Hmmm... sounds good.

We've also done some "clean water science" from a kit we got for Christmas.  The boys enjoyed it, though I think they were hoping for something more exciting than clean water. I did try to explain the importance of clean water and that not everyone in the world has that, so we need to appreciate it.  But my explanation was a little lost on them.  They love science though and, as long as there's not too much effort involved, I love to play along and orchestrate their experiments.




No comments:

Post a Comment