Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Getting ready for the big day

I haven't posted in a while it seems. How time slips away... particularly when you're wiping noses and hoarding your own stash of tissues. We're all getting better here, finally. I've been working on a Christmas letter, pasting labels (God's gift), and figuring out how many more Canadian stamps I need to buy. I must say this about our Christmas letter: it's better than nothin'! I wasn't going to send one, then starting feeling a little bah humbug. So, of course, the natural next step is to make more work for myself by writing a letter and stuffing envelopes. I hope you all enjoy it, dammit. Just kidding. I rather like doing all of this, though that's quite strange. This year I attempted a poem, so be forgiving when you read it. Poetry might be left to Celeste and my mom! The jury's still out...

As for the boys, they are great, of course. Gavin wants a fire truck for Christmas, but we're hoping that he'll forget that he said that when he sees what else we got him. He wants a fire truck with a ladder, but the ladder is always broken within the first couple days. And he already has a couple ladder-less fire trucks. Graeme should ask Santa for more teeth (he's got six), but since he does quite well with those he has... maybe Graeme will ask for anything he's not supposed to have. That's been the order of the day this past week.

We're excited for Christmas this year. It is fun when they both are into it. Graeme knows the word "cookie" now - he doesn't say it yet, but he gets a really big smile when he hears it.

No comments:

Post a Comment