Saturday, September 25, 2010

Scouting the BMX track

Yesterday morning Craig watched some BMX motocross racing with Gavin in the morning. Gavin turns to me and says: "I want to go THERE!"

So, I find myself looking up BMX tracks in our area. There is one just north of us, so we packed in the car to check it out. We brought the bikes just in case. Of course, as we were getting off the freeway, it started to rain. Bummer. Then, the park was all locked up. Double bummer. It looked pretty cool, but totally understandable that they don't want people riding it without supervision. Could be dangerous, though certainly not for me and my two skilled riders! I'll have to email the park and see when my monkeys might be able to check it out. Hopefully when it isn't too busy with normal sized riders.

Then I got a little bit lost, as the park is in an area that I don't know very well. Gavin looked like he was going to cry... then we happened upon a doughnut shop. All was right with the world again! Chocolatey goodness to the rescue! Gavin agreed that a chocolate doughnut was a good consolation prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment