Thursday, August 25, 2011

What We're Saying Lately

Sometimes it is just funny to listen to what comes out of Gavin and Graeme.  Words, that is.  Lately, they have a few gems that keep coming up, so I thought I'd share them.  You'll notice there's a theme.

Gavin and Graeme's Top Phrases:

1. Graeme: "I peed in your driveway!"  (flowers, tree, grass, etc.)
2. Gavin: "Did someone say poop?" OR "What's that your poop?"
3. Graeme: "Emergency!  Emergency!"  (when he has to go, of course, usually while driving on the freeway)
4. Both: "Wait for it... wait for it... wait for it..." (followed often by a fart noise, learned from cousins Connor and Cole)
5. Both: "Marmaduke, WHAT did you EAT?"  (also learned from Connor and Cole)
6. Graeme:  the ever-present, sing-songy "WHY?"
7. Gavin: ending any comment with "ya poop!"

This was a lot more interesting before I began writing it down.  As soon as I sit down to write the cute things escape and leave the poop talk.  But, really, it is clear that I do have two boys and they are growing up to be just that.  Sweet, but very potty-talk-oriented.

Graeme also has some gem facial expressions when he gets upset with someone (usually me).  I've tried to capture them here, but these are (alas) fakes as I never have my camera when he's really doing them.



 Best Approximation
Except that when he really does it, you can't see his eyes. 
Just the furrowed brow.


Here's Gavin's version, as he does it too.  
It wasn't till after the picture I realized he's chewing on his sock.  
Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment