Saturday, March 20, 2010

Yippee for Spring!

While my husband and parents are watching downhill ice racing through Quebec City (on CBC), I'm at the computer lusting after heirloom seeds and getting excited about planting! This weekend I splurged on two Green Johanna compost cones (on Craigslist). I'm pretty stoked! (Craig? Not so much.) But, I'm excited to see how the whole process works... go worms, go!

Anyway, I am eagerly awaiting the planting days and, more so, the harvesting of veggies, and berries, and herbs! Oh my! The compost bins are currently empty, as they were just put together yesterday thanks to my parents who had no idea they'd be slave labor. At least it was a nice day to be outside! Gavin had a great time using the two cardboard boxes (that they came in) as a big bike ramp for his Skuut bike. And Graeme slept through the whole process.

I've got daffodils and tulips inside and outside... can't wait for more. Yippee for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment