Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Brotherly Bond

Just another quick note. When I was watching Gavin and Graeme play this afternoon, I noticed Graeme do absolutely everything that Gavin did. It was very cute and a little window into the future. If Gavin was playing with dump trucks, Graeme would play with dump trucks. If Gavin sat on the blanket, Graeme would come sit on the blanket. Gavin took his shirt off (because it was wet), and Graeme tugs at his sleeves to take off his shirt too. But what was even sweeter? I noticed that every once in a while, Graeme would come over to Gavin and just pet his head. It was the cutest thing ever! Just a little, 'hey, I like you!' and then he went on his merry way.

I hope they grow up to be close. We tried, for a few nights, to have Graeme share Gavin's room. We put Graeme's mattress just on the floor and, luckily, there wasn't any resistance from Gavin. They did, however, have way too much fun regardless of bedtime. So, Graeme is back in his room for the time being, but I'm glad that when the time comes, they will be happy to share a room. A little bonding time is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment