Friday, January 28, 2011

New Hair, Part II

I know, I didn't really write about my New Hair, Part I.  Here's the short version:

Off to the salon, I asked the girl (new to me) to layer the front of my hair to try out bangs, and trim everything a little and create some layers all around, but to keep most of the length.  She did the opposite.  The result?  A long bob with no bangs whatsoever.  It looked alright when she straightened it... but that was it.  Once home, my hair just looked like a fuzzy triangle.  (Hey, maybe I'll wear my hair in a pony tail today. )

Hating my hair got me thinking about when it was short.  So, I decided to chop it all off and start over.

I went to my aunt's stylist in Seattle, and she took the boys while I had the appointment.  (They get spoiled, and I get spoiled just the same.  Thank you, Carol!)  I brought pictures... and we chopped it.  When I saw the boys after the appointment, I asked (loaded question): "Gavin, do you like Mummy's new hair?"  And, with the full pout, he responded with a very slow, "Nooooo."  Tears welling up in his eyes.

I hadn't thought about the effect chopping my hair would have on the boys.  I reassured him that it would grow.  And it doesn't seem to phase him now.

At the same, I asked Graeme if he liked my hair and he said: "My like it!"  But, I had to clarify: "You like mummy's hair or the water you're drinking..."  Response: "No, my like my water!"

I'll post a picture of it this weekend.  I'm still getting used to it.  I think I'll like it more when it grows out just a pinch.  Craig, very wisely, says he likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment