Friday, May 13, 2011

Discovery Park Adventure

Monday I ventured to Discovery Park with the boys.  When I lived in Seattle, I used to run here often.  It is a totally different experience with two small boys with short legs.  They did great - and actually, it was their first official "hike" with just me.  No bikes.  I want to be sure that our boys know that hiking is fun too.  A bike is not always necessary.

After a play at the playground, we started off with Graeme skipping up the trail, and Gavin complaining that his legs were tired.  (Might be a long - or very short - day! I thought.)  After a bit, I gave Gavin the camera to take pictures as he walked along and that seemed to perk him up a bit.  But, I'll spare you those pictures.

We finally made it to the look out over the water.  Then the boys played in the sand - happy with two simple cups and two plastic spoons.  Oh, and a tiny bulldozer.  I could actually relax for a moment.  Until I started to think about how to get them back to the car.  (Luckily, I brought cookies.)  



Writing letters in the sand, of course!


Me: Hey, look at the view!  Ferries, container ship!
Them: A, B, C, oh look! An ant!

We did, eventually, make it back to the car with much talk about chocolate chip cookies.  And we saw a wild bunny along the way.  Overall, the boys had fun and Graeme was asleep within five minutes of getting into the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment