Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Backyard Fun

I have a workout solution for all the moms, or dads, out there (provided your children are under 40lbs.). Put both kids on a towel and then drag them around the backyard for a half hour. They have a great time and you get a great workout. That's what I did today and, believe it or not, Gavin and Graeme were both laughing. Graeme was sitting in Gavin's lap and there was no hitting, poking, or anything! I was amazed. When I finally pooped out and Graeme crawled off the towel, Gavin said, "Wait, I want my Graeme. Come back!" It was really cute. Anyone know how to get heavy grass and dirt stains out of a towel?


Graeme is certainly our mountain climber. He's starting to trek around the backyard with the dump truck as support. He doesn't seem to care for the other "walker" toys too much; it's like they are too "baby" for him. If I leave him for a few seconds, he'll scan the area and head straight for the stairs. Of course, we have baby gates in the house, but we don't have them outside. This is as far as he ever gets -- I just turned around to get the camera I'd set on the patio table.

He's also climbed up on Gavin's bed, onto the kid chairs we have outside, and pretty much anything. Whenever he's standing, he's always got a leg up like, "Hey, can I climb this?" He's also started to point to things, like the sunflowers in our yard or inside when I cut some. It's like he's getting ready to start communicating. Though I'm sure, with the amount that he babbles, that he thinks he's already fluent in English, but he needs a little work.

Graeme: "Hey, what are you sayin' about me??"

No comments:

Post a Comment