Friday, September 4, 2009

Time for Rain?

We've had the best summer up here since I moved to Seattle. It's been great and totally fun with the boys! Of course, as I write that, I realize that it's also the first summer where I have neither work nor school to spoil the sunshine. That could definitely cloud my perspective. And for those of you who may see that last bit as gloating, remember that my eternal companions are a toddler who often thinks he's a puppy dog and a baby/toddler who must orally sample every substance known to man. Today the best sample was some very old styrofoam found in the sand at Alki Beach.

In any case, it is supposed to rain this weekend. Since it hasn't rained in a while, I actually looked at our little garden and thought ahead to tie things up so they don't break with the weight of the rain. The tomatoes are most at risk, so I now have an intricate labyrinth of ties from one tomato stake to another, then to the posts on the deck. Pretty safe, I think, aside from the slight hazard of mild decapitation.

It seems I'm so pleased with that last phrase that I can't think of what else to write. Might be time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment