Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Fall Garden and Bedhead

So, I have to say that gardening is freaking awesome. I'm totally hooked, if you didn't know that already. Tonight I had a vague idea of what to have for dinner -- some fish, some pasta -- and then I just went outside. Here's what I brought in:

One ear corn, one pepper, some tomatoes, couple carrots, couple cucumbers, oregano, basil, parsley, and a couple zucchini. Add that to the beans and onions I'd harvested already, and we had lots of veggies to go with dinner. So cool.

The garden is seeing the last days I think, but it is still hanging on. We got lots still growing, and I'm curious to see how much we'll be able to snatch up before for the weather gets too cold. I did plant some Fall stuff like cabbage, but we'll see if it turns out. It is officially Fall, which I've been reluctant to admit. I wore a bright tank top this weekend and felt completely weird the whole day. So, winter hats and scarves came out today and shorts ran away with any other summer clothes. I still sport my hopeful flip-flops though.

On another totally unrelated note, there is something just incredibly cute about watching Gavin get out of bed from a nap, stumble groggily down the hallway with crazy bedhead, and fling the pantry open for some snack. Adorable. And then a couple toots to boot. Even funnier. And he finally smiles. I'm sure I'll see the same scene until he moves out of the house. May not be as cute when he's a teenager. And then there will be two looking for snacks and farting in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment