Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sexy Coffee Anyone?

OK, so, something else is on my mind and, since I have no other forum really, here's what is bugging me today. Why is it that that all the little drive-thru coffee huts around here have started advertising baristas in bikinis and sexy outfits, or show those flashy little stripper/mudflap signs in their window? My heart sinks into my stomach when I see that. Really? That's necessary?

I'm assuming that they wear the cosutmes, though I never would go to a place with such advertising, and I get why they do it. Of course it gets attention. It is just extremely sad to see. Take an already low paid job (presumably) where you have to sit in a box all day and add having to sell yourself too. Why not just make good coffee and be a little more creative to get the word out?

Not much else to say about that, I suppose. Is it similar in other areas? Have you all noticed it too? Maybe not such a big deal, but it bugs me nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. It bugs me too. A friend told me a story about going up to one of those, not knowing it was a "sexy" coffee place, and being so mortified after ordering her coffee that she basically threw them some money and drove away, not waiting for her change...not wanting to sit there any longer, staring at what would normally be "unmentionables".

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must be a NW phenomenom, we dont have that problem here in Utah. Actually we can barely get a descent cup of coffee here at all!

    ReplyDelete