Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Little Monkey (#1)

I finally was able to make pickles and pickled beans today! Yeah! Thankfully, Craig's mum was here. She helped with the whole process, and played with the kids to keep them out of the kitchen. We got four jars of beans and four jars of pickles (though I did buy some pickles). We'll see how they turn out, and how they compare to the others I did in August.

While we were working away in the kitchen, we let Gavin play downstairs by himself for a while... which I do sometimes, because he's pretty good. Today, however, I went down to check on him and he wasn't playing cars like he normally is... he wasn't in the laundry room... not in the bathroom... so, I looked in the guestroom (which is currently inhabited by Craig mum and Michael), and there is Gavin. With a cute little smile he says, "He's up on the china shelf!" (From another Richard Scarry book.) He had climbed onto the bed, over the headboard, and onto the window sill - and it's a smaller window, so he had to crouch too! Little monkey! I coaxed him down with snacks.

(And for the worry warts, the window is only about 2 feet off the ground. So, had he fallen out, he would've just said, "Hey, I'm outside!" and then run to play.)

2 comments:

  1. Howdy!! I remember loving those books as a kid. It was always fun to find something you missed the last gazillion times you looked at it...and you always seemed to find something!

    Cool to see you hitting the blog-o-sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. That was me (Steve Berven)

    ReplyDelete