Monday, September 14, 2009

Football, Yoga, and the Boys

Ok, just to start, the Raiders can't win in the last couple minutes of the game. That's a total bummer. I'm writing a little and then watching the game, because Craig is watching it. Or, at least I thought he was watching it. He's snoring now. This may be the first and only time I'm more interested in sports! Yeah! Touchdown. Ok, things are as they should be in football land.

On another note, I took a great yoga class today from one of the teachers that does the teacher training (at Yoga Tree in Fremont, if anyone's interested). So, I've decided to sign up! Yeah! I'm excited to do something different that will help my brain out of the Mummy Madness and also help me improve my health and fitness... and presumably that of others once I start teaching.

One thing I noticed in class though - and this will seem a bit "Captian Obvious" - was how the core really effects the alignment of the rest of your body, and possibly how you feel overall on any given day. If you engage your core, your posture automatically corrects itself. More incentive for me to focus on core exercises since that's my weakest link! My little "Ah Ha!" moment for the day.

Quick update on the boys: Gavin starts his preschool tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. He seems excited (it's only 9-11:30, so not all day), and keeps telling me that they have a firetruck, and a tow truck, and Thomas, and the crane (Frankie, for those interested). I'm interested to see how he does with everything. I'll write more tomorrow. Graeme is our little mountain climber. He heads straight for the stairs wherever he is - up, up, up. Every once in a while, he'll sense me behind him and turn around like, "Hey, what are you doing back there?" Still working on walking, and getting braver everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment