Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Back Outside

Even though this winter has been quite mild, I was happy to see the first bulbs sprouting up through the dirt in our yard. This, to me, signals that winter is almost over and gives me something to look forward to, particularly since I planted a bunch new tulips and daffodils this year. It has been so warm, though, that now I'm worried that everything will get frozen in a late or unexpected frost... since it is only February. I've got leaves coming out on most of my plants, which is exciting, but disconcerting at the same time. So, we'll see how they fair for the rest of the season.

The weather was so warm (56F) and sunny yesterday that Gavin and I spent over an hour outside yesterday. He rode his Skuut bike and played in the dirt while I pulled weeds. It felt great to be outside! I'm trying to figure out how and where to build a strawberry patch. We had a couple small plants last summer (grown from a plant from our old neighbor), but they sent out TONS of runners. So now we have a bunch new plants - everywhere! Gavin was excited about the idea of a strawberry patch. We'll see if he can wait to pick them until they get red! Doubtful.

1 comment:

  1. Everything grows so well up there, it seems that things will most likely recover quickly if you do get a freeze.

    ReplyDelete