Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sun = Dirt Exposure

As I mentioned, it was absolutely gorgeous today! Warm, sunny, and the flowers are starting to bloom. It really is Spring, but in Winter. (I'm convinced that we'll get a huge snow storm and freezing temperatures right after the Olympics ends.)

But, as anyone who lives here knows (or at least I hope it isn't just me), when it gets sunny, you notice just how dirty your windows are, and your car, and pretty much everything. We did get the car washed today; mostly because it was a marginally fun thing to do that wouldn't contaminate other people. If the truth be told, Gavin would be entirely happy driving around hunting for speed bumps to drive over. (And Graeme is happy doing anything that doesn't require getting in and out of the car seat.)

As the boys napped and then played in the backyard, I found myself cleaning. Mirrors, windows, walls, whatever I noticed was screaming, "Clean me!" There was a lot to do. I have, however, found THE coolest thing on the planet for cleaning. Introduced to me from friends in Canada, I have these microfiber cloths from Norwex. One is a window cloth and one is a antibacterial cloth that cleans just about everything. Both of them have silver fiber embedded into them and they work only with water. My windows have NEVER been so clean. No streaks, no lint, and the cloths were even able to scuff out the glue from manufacturing that was stuck onto some of our windows. (I thought it'd be there forever because I couldn't get it off with Windex or a scrubby.)

As lame as this sounds, tonight at dinner Craig was beaming about Team Canada winning the shoot out in hockey, and I was beaming because my windows were SO freakin' clear. (Not that a measure of a woman or anyone is how clean their floor is or any such 1950s ideal...) But, we all need to clean sometime and when you have kids or pets it is probably more often than we really want. And these cloths make it SO easy that - dare I say it - it's actually fun because they work so well and get things spotless is so much easier and quicker. No gloves or chemicals involved. Pretty sweet.

Check it out if you hate cleaning but like things to be clean. The website is: www.norwex.com and they have a bunch of products. The company is fairly new to the States (as far as I can tell), and the catch is that they are sold only through consultants, a la Mary Kay or Avon. Since the few products I've tried (total of 5 things) have made life that much easier, I decided to become a Norwex consultant. (This is in addition to life coaching and yoga, but it all helps people live happier and healthier!) I'm not a person who ever thought she'd be excited about cleaning products, let alone signing up to sell them. They just work that well. So, if you're curious or want to try something, let me know. (No pressure of course, just letting you know it exists.)

No comments:

Post a Comment