Friday, December 3, 2010

Carry Me! Carry Me!

This morning Graeme had to have everyone downstairs to snuggle on the couch. Here's how it went down, as I'm standing in the stairwell waiting for him:

Graeme: Carry my pi-wo. (Brings me his pillow.) Carry my milk. (Brings me his milk.) Carry my George blanket. (Brings me his giant Curious George blanket.) My carry Monkey and Pengie. (He brings over his lovies to carry them himself.)

Me: Are you ready?

Graeme: Carry Monkey and Pengie. (Holds out his lovies for me to carry those too.)

-Big smile. He grabs the railing and starts down the stairs, as I walk backwards carrying ALL his stuff. No small load. -

Graeme (halfway down the stairs): Carry me! Carry me!

Me: Graeme I don't have any more room! My arms aren't long enough!

Graeme: Mummy carry me! Carry me!

Then he proceeds to sit on the second to last step and begin to cry. (Quite cute actually.) So, of course, my arms grow a little longer and I manage to pick him up and take him to snuggle on the couch. Big smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment