Wednesday, December 22, 2010

"My am Sad"

Last night, I made Gavin and Graeme fish sticks as I knew they wouldn't eat the enchiladas on the menu. Toward the end of dinner, Graeme held out a piece of fish to Craig... as follows:

Graeme: Here Daddy!
Craig: Thanks Graeme! Thanks for sharing!

(And he gobbled it up. Then, Graeme looks at Craig, then at me and starts crying - with full frownie face.)

Graeme (crying): Daddy ate my fish stick! My am sad.

A lesson I suppose he needs to learn: if you offer something to someone, they just might take it. Be prepared to part with it.

Craig and I couldn't help laughing little, but then (since Gavin wasn't eating his) Craig took a piece of Gavin's fish and gave it to Graeme. Then Gavin started crying too.

I just had to laugh. They were both crying over a fish stick. And Craig was the bad guy without being a bad guy at all. I guess that's how it works sometimes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment