Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How Sweet It Is...

Since it is the Christmas season and Craig's birthday today, it has been pretty sweet at our house lately. I thought I'd share the sugar and post a few pictures from the madness. First, we have Craig's cake - a mixture of birthday and Christmas. Gavin helped me make it (mostly by playing in the "snow" with his cars) and I had to take over the decorating. (For those who might care, the noses are dried mango and the scarves are fruit rolls.) It was pretty yummy!


And, yes, the gingerbread gluttony! Here we have Graeme who at most of the decorations for his house. At some point, he did finally stop gobbling gum drops and started rearranging them instead. But this is what he looked like for most of the process:

Then there was Gavin, who was SO excited, and actually didn't eat much of anything. I was surprised. (Anyone who's seen Gavin around sweets knows what I'm talking about.) He did try a few gum drops and had the same reaction I had: "Eww! Those are icky." But he LOVED that his house had a functional door and he did eat a few round candies.

Overall, quite fun. Hopefully, it will create a bit of tradition without cavities. We brushed teeth well both nights (like always, right?) and we'll have a sugar break for at least a few days. Then maybe we'll do Christmas cookies next...

No comments:

Post a Comment