Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finding Time

I think today is a turning point. I've done three things today that I've been meaning to do for a LONG time. Though I won't bore you with details, I'm excited to see what comes from those actions. What started my flurry of energy was the realization that Graeme really still needs a morning nap. I was thinking that he was ready to switch to one, thus I would take Graeme to the gym while Gavin was in preschool. But that didn't seem working for him, since he gets grumpy. So, today I took him home for a nap. He slept two hours and, now, is sleeping two more. I think he needs it, but anyway, not the point.

The point is, that two hours gives ME two hours. Two more hours in a day to do WHATEVER I think needs to get done. Hooray! What a revelation, provided that I still go to the gym. I can take the boys and do that in the afternoon. Right after I write this blog and then go wake them up. And, hey, this happens on Tuesday AND Thursday! So that's an incredible 4 hours of time that I can do stuff. Amazing. Why didn't I do this before??

Although you may not be interested in the minutia of my day (maybe you are since you're reading this), but here's what I did today. I downloaded a couple free podcasts and listened to them while I did my strength training in our basement. It was great and it worked! It worked because 1) I'm not so burly that I can't just use my equipment at home, and 2) I felt more energized by listening to something inspiring and educational than I would have watching TV. All I did was Google "free motivational podcasts" and a bunch came up. Try it! Kind of cool. Now, I'm off to wake up the sleepy ones. (It is hard to wake them up though... a quiet house is so heavenly sometimes...)

No comments:

Post a Comment