Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sharing Graeme's Birthday

Today was Gavin's day to share something in preschool. Luckily, it was also Graeme's first birthday. So, as good grandparents do, my parents sent gifts for Graeme and one for Gavin as well. (Those first born kids always get more stuff! ;) Gavin's gift was a "pretty sweet" John Deere tractor that wasn't just a dualie, but had four huge wheels on each side. Certainly the Dualie's dualie. Of course, Gavin wanted to take his new tractor to share with the class. The teachers recorded what he said (presumably answering their questions):

My new tractor... a John Deere.
It goes on hay. From mummy.
It's a triple dualie. 1,2,3,4,5.
I want a snack.
Tractors live on hay.
It goes up the ramp.
--Gavin, 2.5 years

On the way to school we worked on saying "quadruple dualie" and counting the tires, but he came up with the "tractors live on hay" bit. And, I love the "I want a snack"! That's classic Gavin. Oh how many times a day I hear that...

Graeme had a pretty good birthday. Actually, that's not true. He was kind of cranky for most of the day. Maybe it's because Gavin got a cool tractor and he got clothes. (I'm totally kidding, Mom. The clothes and plush puppy are great.)

No comments:

Post a Comment