Sunday, October 11, 2009

Garden Goodbye

This will probably be my last post about our little garden. I thought I'd post some pictures, as I'm not feeling too creative right now. (It figures, I finally have some time to myself and I just feel like going to sleep.) But, there's lots to update, so here are some pictures from the tomato take down mentioned earlier. I'm happy to say that lots have ripened up! I will have enough to freeze one, even two, more batches of red tomatoes and I have hoards of green zebra tomatoes that will hopefully ripen too. I made green tomato salsa with some of the green zebras this weekend, which turned out pretty good... so we might have lots of that! The last picture is of some cherries right before I dried them in the oven - yummy! I totally recommend that for anyone who has lots of cherry tomatoes that may not get eaten in time.



So, I had 6 tomato plants and they all went crazy, which has been fun. I'll be sort of sad when I have to buy tomatoes from the grocery store again. Let's hope that next year is just as good! I definitely learned a lot this year, and hopefully I will remember some of that come spring.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! that is an amazing stash of tomatoes. How long did you dry the cherry tomatoes, and at what temperature?

    ReplyDelete