Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Trick or Treats!


"Trick or Treats are Yummy! Trick or treats are yummy, Mummy!" Gavin was all about the trick or treats today. He started early. "Where's Gavin?" I ask. (Common question.) I find him downstairs with the jar of Ovaltine (our chocolate milk) open, eating chocolate right out of the jar. Hmm... I've learned now, if Gavin isn't where you think he should be, he's probably somewhere with candy or snack of some sort eating in pure bliss.


[Just an aside: I could have a blog completely based on the snacking habits of my kids. They are pretty funny. They do eat regular meals -- I do feed them vegetables and such, and they eat it all. They just eat constantly. Everything.]

Anyway, that was the beginning of the day. As if the sugar he'd consume later wouldn't be enough, he needed a warm up.

Luckily, Gavin did wear his costume, sans hat. And I was able to weasel Graeme into his long enough to go trick or treating. Gavin was "El Materdor" and Graeme was the bull. Pretty cute. I'm quite proud of the costume, which I said before I know. But really, I am. I wish that he'd worn it longer than 1 hour. Oh well. Maybe Graeme will want to be something similar next year. We even found roses that lit up - cheesy, but fun!


Graeme was kind of confused about the evening. His look was, "Why are we walking around in the dark? Everyone looks weird." And Gavin, having the time of his life anticipating the "trick or treats"he'd eat later, wanted to go into everyone's house and eat candy without having ripped of the wrapper first. He did, however, say "Happy Halloween!" to everyone, which was pretty cute.
He also said, "Ole!" A lot. Graeme, could he verbalize his thoughts, would've said: "I'm tired. And hot. Can I have some milk? That's a camera!"

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cool costumes! I'm impressed! Too bad your Mom wasn't as creative with you. :) Maybe I was always working on Halloween... can't remember. Post the pics on Kodac Gallery so I can get copies... Your pumpkin carvings are pretty cool, too.

    ReplyDelete