Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I know it's not good, but...

Just a note about parenting and movies. I know that kids aren't supposed to watch TV or movies under the age of two, or have any screen time really. We were pretty good with Gavin initially, but since Graeme's come along -- and now that it is winter -- things have changed a bit. We've now seen the same three movies over and over again with smatterings of Curious George, Bob the Builder, and Super Why! But I have some evidence that shows why parents will always end up letting their children watch movies at least some of the time.


There they are sitting side by side - no pushing, poking, stealing of toys - for almost 40 minutes! (Unheard of in this household.) So, while I don't usually like to let my kids watch movies all the time, it can be just a little bit of heaven.

1 comment: