Monday, January 11, 2010

San Diego, We Miss You!

We had a fabulous weekend in San Diego! Of course, there wasn't time to do everything and see everyone, but I tried my best to show my guests the best of San Diego. After waking up at 4am to catch our flight (thank you, Craig, for the ride to the airport!), we landed in SD and had breakfast with my parents. Then we stole my parents' car and set off on our own. (And, thank you Mom and Dad for letting us have your car and your condo!) First, we took a harbor cruise to enjoy the sunshine (haven't done that since 8th grade) and explored the waterfront downtown. Friday was shopping day... Saturday was beach day and going out downtown. So much fun. Then, alas, we had to leave on Sunday. And, wishful thinking, we all wore flip flops to the airport.


Driving by my old house made me want to cry a little bit. Lots of memories. And my friends thought I was crazy for moving up north (my parents probably do too). When asked about the move, I said one of the reasons I liked the Seattle area was getting to experience seasons. You don't really get that in SoCal. But, having been in San Diego all of ten minutes, my friends both said, "Screw the seasons. We're moving here!"

Sunset at my parent's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment